Saturday, May 12, 2012

Glass Houses by Rachel Caine


Glass Houses by Rachel Caine

Released: October 2, 2006
Publisher: NAL Jam
Series: The Morganville Vampires, Book 1

Followed By: The Dead Girl's Dance
Page Amount: 239, US Paperback
POV: 3rd Person 
Buy it here: Barnes & NobleAmazon


OVERALL:
Plot-19/20
Characters-20/20
Creativity-18/20
Writing-20/20
Pace-9/10
Ending-10/10
=96/100  A+
/5



SUMMARY:
From the author of the popular Weather Warden series comes the debut of an exciting new series set in Morganville, Texas, where you would be well advised to avoid being out after dark.
College freshman Claire Danvers has had enough of her nightmarish dorm situation. When Claire heads off-campus, the imposing old house where she finds a room may not be much better. Her new roommates don't show many signs of life, but they'll have Claire's back when the town's deepest secrets come crawling out, hungry for fresh blood.-Goodreads.com

REViEW:
This is not your average vampire book. Forget those typical vampire romance love triangles, this book rejuvenates the idea of the vampire. This book doesn't center around a romance, which was a breath of fresh air. Instead, this book is an action-packed, roller-coaster ride. It had a pretty fast pace once it got past the first few chapters. I really liked reading this book. It was super intriguing and the action kept me excited to continue reading.   

The characters in Glass Houses were super great! Claire was tough and easily relatable. She was really realistic and a great protagonist. My favorite character would have to be Eve, her gothic best friend. Eve is one of the most vivid best friends I have read about. I really am excited to get to know more about Eve and even Claire. The two guys Michael and Shane were equally amazing. I don't know if I could live in a house with them, I'd be too busy drooling over them. I really enjoyed every character in this book actually. Even the bad vamps were written very well.

The ending was shocking! I did not expect that. If you read this book, make sure to have the sequel nearby. This cliffhanger is a big one. I'm ready to read the next book! I'm actually wondering why I waited so long to start the sequel. Writing this review has excited me even more to continue through this series.

My Favorite Part: The jaw-dropping ending.  

ALL iN ALL:
Do I recommend this book? Yes, it's a new, exciting take on the vampire.
Will I be reading the next book? Yes, I think I'm going to start it next!

Thanks for reading! I hoped you enjoyed this book. 

It's a Book Thing
Review by Macy ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...