Sunday, December 9, 2012

Hide and Seek by Sara Shepard

Hide and Seek by Sara Shepard

Released: July 31, 2012
Publisher: HarperTeen
Series: The Lying Game, Book 4
Preceded By: Two Truths and a Lie
Followed By: Cross My Heart, Hope to Die
Page Amount: 288, US Hardback
POV: 1st Person (Sutton)
Buy it here: Barnes & NobleAmazon

OVERALL:
Plot-19/20
Characters-19/20
Creativity-19/20
Writing-17/20
Pace-9/10
Ending-10/10
=93/100 A
★/5


 
SUMMARY:
My friends and I used to play lying games. Now my twin sister is living one.
When I was alive, my family seemed picture-perfect. My adoptive parents adored me, and my little sister, Laurel, copied my every move. But now that my long-lost twin, Emma, has taken my place to solve my murder, we're both learning just how flawed my family really is.
Laurel is shooting Emma nasty looks and sneaking around with my ex-boyfriend. And it turns out my parents are keeping a huge secret--could it be the reason I'm dead?
How far would they go to keep the truth buried? No one can harm me now, but Emma is still fair game. And if she's not careful, she'll end up buried, too. . . .
-Goodreads.com

REViEW:
This was orignially supposed to be the last book in The Lying Game Series. I know I beat up Ms. Shepard a lot by complaining about how long her Pretty Little Liars series has gotten (but I mean 14 books? I think that's a little excessive), but with the Lying Game series, I am thrilled there are going to be more books! This book was probably one of the best books in this series. Sure, it had its "are you serious?" moments, but overall I enjoyed this installment. The plot was very to the point, which I liked. It was a fast read, but had a lot of context. I enjoyed Sutton's flashbacks more in this book too. They seemed to be more relevant. I also loved the twist about Sutton's real mom. It was pretty random and strange, but I liked it. It seemed to work well with the crazy storyline. I just really hope Shepard doesn't take it too far in the next book.

I really enjoyed all of the characters in this book. Sutton had a lot of insightful commentary and I liked her view on certain situations, it made it easier to distiguish her between Emma. Emma was enjoyable, but I felt like she was acting a little more Suttonish in this book. I really hope she stays her nice, sweet Emma self. I really loved the supporting characters this time. Sutton's dad was very intriguing. Ethan was just amazing, as always. Thayer was mysterious, but I feel like his true character is being revealed. I'm really excited to see what's going to happen next for these characters. 

My reaction to the ending was just like "Say what? What kind of twisted person comes up with these crazy plots?" Sure the ending was completely screwed up, but all in all it was so crazy it was intriguing! I can't wait to read the next book now! The ending was intense and completely random, yet somehow it worked perfectly. Just like all of Shepard's other books.


My Favorite Part: The twisted part. If you read the book, you know the part.

ALL iN ALL:
Do I recommend this book? Yes, it's really twisted and epic haha :)
Will I be reading the next book? Of course! Like I HAVE to!

Thank you for reading! I would love to hear your thoughts on this series! How about that twist?  

It's a Book Thing
Review by Macy ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...